Sunday, September 21, 2008

Now Playing: SPORE

I , like many people, have been waiting anxiously for years to play this game since it was first announced, and finally its released!

I've played through the first four stages of the game so far (cell, creature, tribal and part of civilization), and its a gorgeous, gorgeous game.
Right now it feels like its a quick play-through, however enjoyable it may be. I do wish there was a little bit more depth to the first three stages (I played through the first three stages in about 5 hours), though the fourth stage seems to have a lot of 'layers' so far. I've heard that the Space stage is like playing a whole new game, so I'm really looking forward to that. :)

I also hope that in future expansions that the game play is deepened even more! I can see a lot more layers being put into each level of the game, to enrich the experience further.

One of the coolest features of this game is the editor--you can create your monsters, buildings, and vehicles through the editor, and the combination are endless--There are more unique creatures in the 'Sporepedia' than exist in the real world!

It is available for MAC & PC, if you liked the Sims & science fiction, go ahead and give this a shot. :)

2 comments:

Joey's Dream Garden said...

This looks like a very nice game... I haven't played a game since Animal Crossing AGES ago, actually it might have been Paper Mario, both games I loved, and this looks very nice. I do like games where I get to think about stuff for ages, I have absolutely no eye/hand coordination!

Unknown said...

Its a lot of fun! Pausing and thinking about what you're gonna do next is wonderful. <3 I do that with almost every type of game I play, haha.

Did you know that Nintendo is putting out a new Animal Crossing for the Wii in the next few months? :) I'm excited!