Thursday, September 4, 2008

Now Playing: Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness


I love video games--I don't play a whole lot through to completion (I am very easily distracted by the next shiny new game), but I still love them. I guess I'm kinda obligated to love them since I work in the games industry. ;)

Right now I'm playing Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness, for the Nintendo DS. If you're not familiar with this series, its about cultivating the land, raising cows, sheep and other livestock, and eventually raising a family.

Yeah, sounds a little boring--maybe a lot boring--but I can play this game (and its predecessors) for HOURS on end, tending to my crops and my livestock game day after game day without getting bored. I played the latest Gamecube version for almost a week, and I'm sure when the Wii version comes out in the next week or two I'll be playing that in non-stop sessions every day, too!

All this is done in a super cutesy way, of course. Every single iteration I've played of this game has proven super addictive to me, the cute animals certainly don't hurt, though!

I haven't gotten any animals yet. :( I really want some of the pink sheep, they look like they're made out of cotton candy! Yum!

Too bad a new contender for my precious time was released on Tuesday: Infinite Undiscovery. It sure is pretty...

2 comments:

LoveMeKnot Creations said...

omg, i use to rent harvest moon for nintendo 64 back in the day with a friend at sleepovers, sooo fun :)

Unknown said...

I never played that one, but I've heard it was the best!

So oddly addicting and fun, isn't it? ^_^