Tuesday, September 2, 2008

World of the Wild

I had a great time in Florida! The storms dropped bucketfuls of rain on us, but that didn't damper our fun! I wish I could've stayed a while longer, but such is grown up life. Darn jobs & responsibilities. ;)



Anyhow, back to art! I recently remembered an art show that occurs every year here in Utah at the Hogle Zoo, and as such, is animal-themed (my favorite!). I can submit up to three pieces--so I'll aim for creating two paintings and a sculpture. Though we'll see what I've done by the time the deadline approaches!

I need to start brain-storming ideas for what critters I want to paint/sculpt, and start doodling out compositions. The date for turning in submissions to be juried is January 17th, so I have a little over five months to create things. :) Sounds like I need to make deadlines for myself.

In other news, I should be painting a few more sculpts tonight, been trying to do some new types of things, as well as making more cute octopi. I can't get enough of them!

No comments: